Monday, July 20, 2009

Netbook or Small laptop

Recently my HP DV2415 NR died. (HP suxx in general.. had to get that out). So now I am on the market for a new laptop (thanks to my starwood Amex's automatic extended buyer's assurance, otherwise I cannot afford a new machine now).

Anyhow I was infatuated with the new and cool looking (and XP loaded) 10 inch netbooks. Samsung NC10-14GB 10.2-Inch Blue Netbook - 6 Cell Battery
, ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 10.5 Hour Battery Life
and Lenovo IdeaPad S10 10.2-Inch Red Netbook - 3 Cell Battery
first caught my eye. Then I went to the PSU comp store and checked out the HP mini to get a feel for the size. I felt that the 10 in machine was too small.

I have also begun looking at the Ideapad S12 (12") and Inspiron 13 and 14" machines. Will soon decide what to get and then also write up the cost reduction strategy which I will use. Including EPP, miles gaining, credit card etc etc..

My budget is a tad under 500 so lenovo S12 comes into that range, but I am waiting for the Nvidia ION equipped version.
Decided the wait was too much and bought the ASUS 10" netbook from Bestbuy. It is ok in terms of specs, is quite light and has a decent battery life as now.

Check out netbookchoice.com for reviews etc..
I will hyperlink things soon..

Lenovo discounts:
Go to www.lenovo.com/cpp

password is familyandfriends
Then you can shop as a contractor for lenovo and get a additional discount of around 5% on top of things.

For comparison see this screen shot (click to load full size):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog