Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Learn to Walk Before you Run...

So I finally gave in to my longstanding temptation and purchased a pair of Vibram Five Fingers (tm) footwear. Since my old New Balance sneakers had completely worn out and had hole on one of the soles, it was time to buy new athletic shoes anyway.

View Larger Map
I took advantage of a 50% off sale on some Vibram models at the local Applachian Outdoors store and purchased _______________.


Meanwhile, one of the big drivers for this prompt purchase was that I had missed the bus on Friday night (the 10pm last bus from Cato Park) so I decided to walk home. It was only 60 F and a beautiful large moon was up so that walk was remarkable. For most of the walk, there were not many cars on the road so it was wonderful being able to listen to the trees, the wind, the critters of the night and the occasional Ford 150 thundering down the road.

View Larger Map
But I walked those ~3-3.5 miles in some shoes that are definitely not made for long walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog